Wednesday 6 June 2012

Let's talk tomatoes

First Tomato Bed
I have 17 tomato plants in the ground:
  • 1 Matt's Wild Cherry (plant sale)
  • 4 San Marzanos (plant sale)
  • 1 Cherokee Purple (plant sale)
  • 4 Big Boys (Mother Earth Gardens)
  • 4 San Marzanos (Mother Earth Gardens)
  • 2 Mountain Fresh (Mother Earth Gardens)
  • 1 Red Zebra (Mother Earth Gardens)
I have attached stock pictures for reference - we'll see if ours look the same!
Second Tomato Bed
Matt's Wild Cherry
San Marzano
Cherokee Purple
Big Boy
Mountain Fresh
Red Zebra










I also have 4 tomatoes in pots on the patio from our first planting this winter in the greenhouse, one of each:
  • Heirloom Tall Vine Moskvich
  • Hybrid, Red Grape
  • Heirloom Tall Vine Brandywine
  • Heirloom Tall Vine Debarao
I'm not sure which one is which, but I do know that the second one from the right is the grape plant because I have baby tomatoes growing!  They are still green, but they are growing and there are ton of flowers on all four of the plants.  I can't wait for our first tomatoes!


Tomorrow, we'll talk peppers.

1 comment:

  1. We too have lots of flowers and a few small tomatoes on the plants at the farm. They are taking a bit of a beating from the wind and storm and I need to figure out a better way to stabilize the cages but am hopeful they will do well.

    ReplyDelete