Sunday 28 April 2013

Ahhhhhh...finally!

We had an absolutely lovely weekend here!  It's been in the 70's since Friday, which has given us plenty of opportunity to get some things done.

I finally got the majority of my cool weather crops in the ground.  The onions have been planted next to the garlic, so we have one full planter bed.  I also planted my peas, but I fear they won't have long enough of a season since they are getting in so late.  They need 60 days of cool weather (below 80), which an April 27th planting puts into Mid to late June.  I'm not convinced we'll be below 80 that long, but we shall see.  I've also planted the lettuces:  spinach, arugula, romaine and a mix.  The potatoes went into Potato Towers (see picture below).  The carrots, beets, kohlrabi and radishes went into whiskey barrels this year to try and keep them away from the bunnies.  I've also purchased some chicken wire to make fencing around the beds.  Hopefully that will work better than last year!!




1 comment:

  1. Great picture of Honey. Sounds like you were busy. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete