Thursday 22 March 2012

You know what they say about "April" Showers...

Columbine, Planted 2011
It has been raining here all week, further accelerating our already early spring and turning everything green.  It's technically now day 4 since my seeds have been planted.  There are a few green shoots...but I can't tell yet if they are plants or weeds (I have not yet become on expert on initial 2-leaved seed shoots).  We'll have to wait and see!


Rhubarb
I do have some more perennials coming up though - including these columbine I planted last year.  My Rhubarb is also starting to make an appearance.  The flowering bulbs continue to come, along with the weeds, but no blossoms yet.  We are supposed to get some sunshine this weekend, so maybe we'll get some blooms!

After 3 days of being inside, Honey is really enjoying this brief respite from the rain.  Busy Girl.


This is her "If I stay very, very still...maybe she'll throw the ball!" look.  Goofball.  Plan is to get back in the garden this weekend:  Dig up the sod, map out the rest of the beds, and get the remaining cool season seeds in the ground!  Hopefully this weekend will also bring more photos of plants, and less of cute puppies.

1 comment:

  1. I was just going to run out to quick check my rhubarb before it gets dark and it is raining again, nice steady rain, filling up the potholes in the driveway. I will have to check tomorrow. Love the Honey pics. She looks so intent.

    ReplyDelete