Sunday 15 April 2012

Live Trap 1 - Ground Squirrel 0

We woke up to a big, healthy ground squirrel in our live trap this morning!  He is currently on his way to some naturalised lands outside of town a few miles away.  We set the trap up at the entrance of the den, so I'm pretty sure we got the guy chomping on the veggies.  If he wasn't eating my garden, I'd probably let him stay...he's pretty cute!

The little mouse-like rodent (a vole maybe?) was not to be found...but maybe now that the pile of grass clippings is gone, he won't come around anymore.

Big thanks goes out to Brad for the rodent removal!

Butterfly Garden, April 2012
The Lilacs started blooming yesterday!  Not such great news as we're supposed to have another chance at frost overnight, but I have faith they'll make it through.  I've also included a picture of the butterfly garden in April.  I was doing some spring cleaning in the garden and started pulling up perennials, so I decided to stop.

On a side note, it was so nice out yesterday we got the pool out for Honey.  This is her hunting bubbles.

Bubble Hunting, April 2012


1 comment:

  1. Probably big and healthy because you are feeding him so well. Cute picture of Honey. Your butterfly garden is looking good.

    ReplyDelete