Monday 9 April 2012

Scallions

No frost damage to report, but it seems the low temperature only reached 39F.  Tonight however, we anticipate getting down to 29F.  We are planning on doing the same process.  The beds have been watered and later this evening we'll cover them again.

I forgot to get the potatoes cut up last night, but the bed has been prepared so the plan is to get them in the ground tomorrow.  I also got my scallion sets in the ground (yay!) as well as my second planting of peas!  We also cut and stained the wood for the first pea trellis - hope to finish this tonight and get it in the garden tomorrow.  Expect pictures tomorrow!

I've also included a document produced by Cornell Cooperative Extension, Understanding Frost, for some further information on frost protectionYou can find it in the "My Stuff" section.

No comments:

Post a Comment